The Jersey Gambling Commission will work with diligence and integrity in line with its core principles. To that end we will:
- Regulate in accordance with generally accepted international standards to prevent fraud and money laundering, and prevent gambling being permitted to be a source of crime;
- Ensure products and services licensed by the Commission are verifiably fair to consumers of those services; and
- Ensure licensees act responsibly and implement safeguards necessary to protect children and vulnerable people.
The Jersey Gambling Commission gears itself towards fulfilling five core aims:
- To protect consumers, the young and the vulnerable;
- To regulate fairly and responsibly in a manner proportionate to the sector;
- To ensure that gambling legislation is kept up to date and fit for purpose;
- To advise Ministers and government on all matters relating to gambling and gambling regulation;
- To ensure that the Commission works to support government policy and the commitment to economic diversification.